Corus International and its subsidiaries are committed to operating at the highest levels of integrity through our ethics policies and procedures.
In keeping with our mission, vision and values, Corus maintains certain policies to guide employees and affiliates with respect to standards of conduct and expects all employees and affiliates to act in a manner consistent with the values of respect, integrity and excellence while carrying out their organizational responsibilities.
Do you have an ethics question about our work or wish to report an incident or violation of our policies?
Corus' Integrity and Ethics Reporting Hotline hosted by Convercent (a third-party provider) makes it easy for staff or third parties to report an incident about workplace issues like fraud, harassment, theft, policy violations and other concerns. The system provides options for anonymous reporting and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in multiple languages.
Corus believes that all persons we encounter have the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect and exploitation. Corus has zero tolerance for abuse or exploitation by staff or associated personnel towards beneficiaries, especially children and vulnerable adults. Corus commits to addressing safeguarding throughout its work, providing policy guidance, practicing prevention, reporting and response.
Corus takes all suspected and actual fraud seriously. We have zero tolerance for fraud and corruption and will investigate all allegations. We believe that every dollar counts and are committed to ensuring, as far as possible, funds allocated to projects supporting our mission are utilized as intended. We encourage all staff, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to use the hotline to report incidents of suspected fraud and corruption that may affect the impact we make.
What to report
- Sexual threat / violence or inappropriate behavior
- Bribery and corruption
- Stealing or misusing money or assets
- Bullying, harassment or abuse of power for personal gain
- Demands for money or sexual favors in return for project benefits
- Falsifying or manipulating invoices
- Irregularities in tendering and procurement processes
- Suspected or actual terrorist financing
- Human rights violations
- Conflicts of interest
- Policy violations
Gender equity, diversity and inclusion
As part of our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion, Corus strives to create and nurture an environment where diversity is highly valued and each individual is treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of Corus to:
- Not tolerate any verbal, physical, written or visual conduct that is demeaning, intimidating, insulting or otherwise makes a person feel uncomfortable. All derogatory treatment of persons because of race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or medical disability, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender identity, and genetic information or any other legally protected category is prohibited. This policy applies to all employees, contractors, agents and others who have contact with employees.
- Recruit, hire, train, promote and carry out employment actions through the lens of valuing and prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Base employment decisions solely on valid, non-discriminatory factors.
- Ensure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, organizational-sponsored training, tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs etc. are administered fairly and based on non-discriminatory factors.
Summary of Policies, Frameworks and Statements
- Accountability to Affected Populations Framework
This framework commits Corus to engaging stakeholders (including local communities) in all aspects of our project work, from design through execution, including the establishment of Complaints Response Mechanisms or similar beneficiary feedback mechanisms in the majority of our projects to solicit feedback from community members and project participants, including allegations of misconduct by staff.
- Opposition to Modern Slavery Statement
Respect for human dignity compels Corus’ mission to end poverty and promote healthy communities around the world. Inherent in this respect is the belief that all people should be free, and we therefore express our strong opposition to modern slavery in this statement.
- Trafficking in Persons
This policy lays out Corus’ commitment and mechanisms to prevent trafficking in persons. In addition to ensuring they are not complicit in such acts, staff and associated personnel are trained to identify the behaviors associated with human trafficking and are required to report any trafficking activity upon discovery.
- Safeguarding policy
This policy lays out Corus’ commitment and mechanisms to safeguard all persons we encounter as we believe everyone has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect and exploitation. Corus has zero tolerance for abuse or exploitation by staff or associated personnel towards beneficiaries.
- Child Labor/ Protection Policy
Corus takes child protection very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all children under our care or in programs supported by us are protected from harm and are free from exploitation. Corus has zero tolerance for actions or behaviors that constitute poor practice or potentially abusive behavior in child protection.
- Enterprise Risk Management Policy and Framework
This policy defines our approach to risk management and mitigation with an emphasis on safeguarding staff, children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries from harm, abuse and exploitation. It includes a zero-tolerance policy towards corruption, fraud, misappropriation or abuse of any kind in relation to its entrusted financial resources.
- Fraud Incident Reporting Policy and Procedures
This policy details our commitment to preventing fraud and corruption as well as the mechanisms for reporting, investigating and resolving allegations of fraud or corruption.
- Bribery, Gifts and Hospitality policy
Corus prohibits the offering, giving, solicitation or acceptance of any bribe or corrupt inducement, whether in cash or in any other form.
- Conflict of Interest
Corus’ Human Resources policy requires staff to disclose potential conflicts of interest. Staff are required to sign annual Conflict of Interest statements.
- Anti-Harassment Policy
Corus’ Human Resources policy expressly prohibits harassment on the grounds of any and all protected categories.
- Anti-Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying Policy
Corus strives to create and maintain a safe, professional work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination and bullying. Corus has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, harassment and bullying of or by employees or affiliates.
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
Corus is committed to maintaining a safe work environment and preventing workplace violence. Conduct that threatens, intimidates or coerces another employee or a member of the public at any time on Corus premises will not be tolerated.
- Whistleblower Policy
Corus’ Human Resources policy includes a policy that protects whistleblowers from retaliation when they report, in good faith, allegations of misconduct by colleagues or management.
- Procurement Policy and Manual
Corus’ Policy on Obtaining Outside Goods and Services and its accompanying Procurement Manual establish the principle that all purchases of goods and services must demonstrate best value for money; fairness, integrity and transparency; effective competition; and be in the best interest of beneficiaries, donors, partners and Corus itself. The manual also prohibits conflict of interest in the procurement of goods and services.
- Environmental Stewardship Policy
This policy describes our commitment to protecting the environment and details how staff should integrate environmental stewardship into our programming.